The Student News Site of Community College of Rhode Island

The Squire

The Squire

The Squire

A worthwhile change
A worthwhile change
February 29, 2024

Career Services Table at Involvement Day

Peyton Luiz

WARWICK– For the first time, the Community College of Rhode Island (CCRI) Involvement Day fair included a table for the Career Services department.
The Involvement Day fair is an event that happens every semester at CCRI on all four campuses. Its goal is to help showcase the various clubs at CCRI, and to encourage students to join clubs and activities that may interest them.“We’re trying to show students how involvement links to their resume as they transfer,” said Christine Jenkins, Associate Dean of Student Life at CCRI. “We’re hoping students take advantage, it really helps them.”

The Career Services department also went around to each club and gave out “Skills Match” sheets, which allowed the clubs to check which skills would be useful in their given field. The sheet included skills such as communication, teamwork, and critical thinking. It also featured the hashtag #becomecareerready.
Numerous clubs, such as the CCRI Radio, received more visitors to the booth, which asked about the possible skills listed on the sheet. The students that visited the tables during the event could not only see the skills that the clubs were offering, but also had the opportunity to join the clubs.